June 26, 2012

Two Tuesdays Ago in Chicago.....

It started off as another Chicago Net Tuesday (or "net2chi", for those in the know) meeting....except for the co-organizer resigning, and the member who claimed that the community "didn't need" a group that helped connect non-profits and technology....and my own impending sense of burnout.

So after that meeting, I took a break, and decided....no, the naysayer wasn't going to win. I wasn't going to allow someone who was using the group to build their own resume (at least, I'm presuming) take over. So I wrote an inspirational note - yes, I'll be suspending the group later this year, but only get some well-deserved rest and relaxation. (I'll be putting together meetings until September, at the very least).

So lo and behold, Netsquared (our "parent" organization) put out its online newsletter, and in it, is probably the greatest quote ever cited this month.

You can find the original citation here
Nice to know that sometimes....just sometimes....I say things that warrant a hearty "Hi-Yo, Silver!"

No comments: