June 17, 2005

Take This Job And...Er, Whatever

As I'm writing this, it's my last day at my job - taking a little blog break as I finish, finalize, and get my end-of-the-career paperwork completed.

I'm not a job hopper by any stretch, and all-in-all, three years is a long time to stay in one place. My time here has been busy, to say the least - tons of evening meetings (even more so than while serving on the Metropolis Steering Committee); plenty of paperwork, and some really great challenges. The past few weeks have been nothing short of revelatory, full of more twists and turns: a thank-you card from someone I least expected (nothing negative - just didn't think she thought that way); co-workers offering great advice for the move on, and at 1:00 pm today, a big cookie and gift.

However, I am ready to move on - ever since I resigned, my social life is starting to kick back into gear, and I'm running into friends I haven't seen since Friends went off the air. I have plenty of opportunities before me, and have some really cool can't-talk-about-'em-yet irons in the fire - don't want to jinx myself. Of course, one person had to claim that I'll never get another job/have these benefits/blah blah blah, but that's only one person, and quite frankly, he hasn't seen my resume lately.

In short, I could use a little break, and I've never been unemployed for major stretches of time. I'm feeling positive about the future, and ready to kick some major arse. Also, if you know of any jobs in St. Louis where I would get paid a triple figure salary just to sit behind a desk and be brilliant, please let me know.

Oh, and to answer the Ink Slinger's question: try the top drawer, right hand side. If not, it's time to do laundry.

No comments: