July 10, 2007

Blogging Down in Blogger Town

I have to admit, I've been quite busy these past few days - in fact, I managed to get my drink on with Andy Sunday night, before he headed out to Vegas. I only hope that I didn't do anything too embarrassing, like, I don't know, bump and grind in a go-go cage to a klezmer band.

Other than that, I'll be OK.

Anyway, Roger tagged me for a meme, and since the directions on these are more confusing than trying to drive in Los Angeles, please bear with me.

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

  1. Electronic Cerebrectomy
  2. Byzantium's Shores
  3. Tosy and Cosh
  4. Ramblin' with Roger
  5. Blog THIS, Pal!
Next, select five people to tag.
I don't like tagging people, but...oh, well...

  1. Brian
  2. Rab
  3. Rosie O'Donnell
  4. Church of Klugman
  5. Zombie Tom
What were you doing ten years ago?
I was finishing up my master's practicum, involved in a long-distance relationship (in fact, I think it was 10 years ago this month when my then-girlfriend came to visit), and living large in Rogers Park. I was also doing stand up comedy at the No Exit Cafe...and I sucked. I sucked harder than Lindsey Lohan after a few lines of coke.

(I'm sorry, that was in poor taste, but at least it will get me a PG Rating)

What were you doing one year ago?
Working as a Program Director, gearing up for a massive community night out...and worrying about my father's health. Within four weeks, the night out was a success (no thanks to my staff and director, but more on that in another post), my father had a triple bypass, and things were...shaky, at best.

Five snacks you enjoy.
  1. Oreos
  2. Green seedless grapes
  3. Bananas
  4. Cool Ranch Doritos
  5. Caramel and cheese popcorn mixed together

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics.

  1. My Generation by the Who - I listened to this first album endlessly in high school.
  2. Help! by the Beatles - of course, I also watched this movie (and A Hard Day's Night) repeatedly as a child. Curse you, 3:30 pm movie on Channel 7!)
  3. Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones
  4. I Walk the Line by Johnny Cash - curse you, Mae, who was my mom's best friend who was obsessed with Johnny Cash so much she had a life-sized cardboard replica in her apartment!
  5. Tears on My Pillow by Little Anthony & The Imperials

Five things you like doing

  1. Movies - I hate going to multiplexes, but even still, there's something magical about seeing a movie on the big screen
  2. Finding new, hip places to hang out - yes, for a brief time, I was a club rat, but my tastes have expanded to coffee shops, bistros, etc
  3. Dining Out - in fact, my new favorite show here in Chicago features Chicago restaurants
  4. Watching basketball - I used to play religiously when I was younger, despite my size; however, my knees prevent me from doing more than cheering on the Bulls
  5. Reading

And finally...

Five things you would never wear again.

  1. A green parka with orange lining, or a parka/anorak
  2. Muscle shirts
  3. Socks with shorts
  4. My Kids in the Hall t-shirt (it's a collector's item)
  5. Knit hats

No comments: