March 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mike Sterling!

Dear Mike,

First, congratulations on celebrating your 39th birthday - having recently celebrated my fourth consecutive 39th birthday, I truly understand the challenges of someone your age. It's only the beginning of bigger and brighter things in one's life. However, I not only wanted to pay public tribute, but to give you a gift, of sorts.

Knowing your astute love of comics - and politics - I thought I would post some pictures of a candidate who is running for public office. Recently, his staff made their way to the Windy City, and I was fortunate enough to take some pictures. I think he has a slight Nick Naylor-esque quality, and know you would appreciate seeing these pictures.

And by the way, I agree to the terms you set forth in a possible podcast as suggested by Mr. Lefty Brown, since the comics blogosphere could use a good laugh. I suggest, as a title, we call it "The Thrilla in Vanilla"

Thanks again, and keep up the good work on the blog!

Your pal,
Gordon


1 comment:

Mikester said...

Thanks, Gordon!