- My mojo is fully functional, thank you very much - now, all I need to do is be able to work it with women of my choosing, and who are available (marital status and otherwise).
- Thanks to Free Comics Day, I am sampling some alternative fare, and just purchased Invincible # 0. If you missed out, here are two opportunities to get into the groove!
- Yesterday, also received two "bags of fun" for "weekend plans". At least, that's what the agency told me. Again, if my mojo worked in the right time and place....
- Book recommendations: if you can, check out The Cheating Culture, as well as The Immortals. As for me, my next must-reads are Fortress of Solitude (since the author's reviving Omega the Unknown for Marvel) and Lost in a Good Book (which, if it's like Fforde's first book, treats English literature with Geoff Johns' fanboy continuity mentality and Douglas Adams' humor and whimsy).
- I got to see both Svengoolie and Bill Jackson (aka "BJ"), in the same week. For a Chicago television fanboy, that's pretty darn close to nirvana.
- After watching Kill Bill Vols 1 and 2 back-to-back, I have to say...they both hang well together, but Tarantino was smart to release them as separate movies. Plus, Volume one includes the Green Hornet theme - awesome!
- Blogs are fun reading - thanks to Zombie Killer for one recommendation, and for several others for the other.
- David Lynch is capable of making a straightforward, normal, G-rated movie that isn't cloying and that respects your intelligence - here's proof.
And don't forget to floss.