March 27, 2015

Rocketing Into Spring!


The next few months are....well, let's just say that I'll probably even be less present online than I am currently. But here are some great opportunities to catch me face-to-face.

I've been working on my calendar, and over the next few months, I'll be spending many weekends socializing, enjoying my interests, and basically procrastinating (all of this while building my new marketing consultancy and finding/performing work). So if you're interested in meeting up with me, here's the highlights for April and May:

April 8th - The Doctor Who Meetup group and Chicago Nerd Social Club are putting on a joint social at The Scout, located at 1301 South Wabash. For more details/RSVP, find us via Meetup and Facebook.

April 9th - It's time for another Chicago Geek Breakfast - a casual networking event at Wow Bao. We sit and we talk, and build relationships - click the links for details and to RSVP

April 18th - Chicago Doctor Who Meetup is holding its monthly screening/lecture of a classic Who episode: check out Meetup.com for details

April 17th and April 19th - I will be a guest/attendee at Windy City Pulp and Paper . April 19th - that Sunday - I will be reading "Crossing McCausland" from Tall Pulp and serving on a 2:00 pm panel. Now, what will I be doing that Saturday, you ask....

April 18th - Daina of the Sherlock Chicago Meetup group and I will be co-presenting on gender roles in Sherlock Holmes at Columbia College's one-day Geek Culture Gala. Check out details via Facebook.

April 24 - 26th - Yes, I'm doing C2E2 this year - special thanks for the press pass. I'll be the confused looking one with the well-worn "old school lawyer case".

May 2nd - Please join me for "The Wibbley Wobbley Timey-Wimey Guide to Doctor Who" at Oak Lawn Public Library's first annual Fanfest in celebration of Free Comic Book Day. It's family friendly, has a nice south side location (on 95th street just west of Cicero), and - more importantly - free to attend!

May 9th - Come join me at the DePaul's Celebration of Supernatural - I'll be on the morning panel for antecents of the show, and we're conveniently located downtown - 14 E. Jackson, near the Red/Orange/Blue/Pink/Brown Lines. (Special thanks to Brant Fowler of Comic Related/Zone 4 Podcast for his assistance and expertise, since I'm engaging in a "crash course" in the show). Although it's free to attend, I suggest RSVPing via Eventbrite

May 10th - Chicago Nerd Social Club Leverage 101 event; details to follow. (Here's the obligatory Leverage-themed blog post)

May 14th - Yes, it's another Chicago Geek Breakfast at Wow Bao.

May 16th - Chicago Doctor Who Meetup will have an event at Blue Box Cafe in Elgin. Details forthcoming (because - let's face it - nobody likes spoilers. Nobody

May 20th - It's a very special Who Meetup. Trust me, it's that good.

May 30th - The Chicago Doctor Who Meetup and Chicago Nerd Social Club is putting on a brunch for Who fans at Medici's in Hyde Park. Please check out details via Meetup and Facebook.

As I stated yesterday, my life's changed in many ways. I'm glad now to say that I'm happy busy....and hope to see you, dear reader, at an upcoming event.

No comments: